The Quill and the Crowbar

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

God With Us

God With Us (free in Christ verse)

Lord, I did it again.
Why You still stay by me, I just don’t know.
Its amazing You can stand to be near me!
I try and try again and fail; I see no failure in You.
You just don’t think the way my other friends do.
They want strength in a friend; You want weakness.
You say, "Humble yourself and I will raise you up."
My friends say, "Hang tough and don’t be a loser.
They don’t want to see me weak when they need someone to lean on,
But I can’t show them me and do them any good.
I can try to show them You.
Since You say you will never leave me or forsake me.
Maybe then, I’m my friends’ best hope
When from time to time I show them where I am You are.
This last thing I said limits you, Lord.
I know where they are You are also.
They cannot run from Your hands
Which reach out to them in the heights and depths
And in-between places of their lives.


drd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home